SCADA (supervisory control and data acquisition) is an industrial automation control system at the core of many modern industries. Whether connecting sensors to terminals and controllers or connecting the terminals to the supervisory systems, a fiber infrastructure can reliably extend and protect the SCADA system.
FiberPlex offers fiber optics solutions that provide:
- Sensor collection and extension
- High EMI/RFI/EMP noise rejection
- Tamper and jamming protection
- Zero-delay notification and feedback over any distance
- Downtime prevention
Physical security comes in many forms—from surveillance and access control to perimeter and motion sensing and remote monitoring. Installation of these different types of security can be challenging, they all require bullet-proof reliability. A fiber infrastructure provides an error-free, tamper-proof transport of data that can be controlled locally or across long distances to maintain stable performance.
Fiber optic solutions can help you improve security protection:
- Monitor perimeters with full uncompressed HD video for maximum resolution
- Become immune to EMI/RFI noise and jamming attempts
- Extend systems beyond copper limitations
- Extend systems into SCIF or other shielded enclosures
- Rethink the way you design system infrastructure
FiberPlex offers a set of industrial solutions that are designed, tested, and validated to meet your standard specifications for cabling, connectors, and rugged enclosures.
Our solutions are built to cover a wide range of needs across the complete digital communication landscape. That includes enclosures that can protect against extreme conditions and work in the most demanding environments.
- IP and NEMA rated enclosures for standard line of products
- Ruggedized chassis and enclosures for mission-critical toughness
- Flexibility in mounting – racks, stand alone, or DIN rail mountings
Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) and Radio Frequency Interference (RFI) can be controlled through the use of Sensitive Compartmentalized Information Facility (SCIF) or other shielded enclosures. These enclosures are designed to keep radiated energy contained within a room to enhance data security.
Conversely, for testing electronics and other sensitive equipment, it’s often desirable to keep any external EMI/RFI out of the room so that it doesn’t corrupt data collection. Either way, there is often a need to penetrate the walls of the shielded room to get necessary data, communication, and control lines in and out.
FiberPlex Technologies has the solutions and technologies to help keep you covered. They include:
- Patented waveguides for pre-terminated fiber penetrations
- EMI/RFI control per MIL-STD-461
- Testing of communications equipment and data transport in and out of environment via fiber
- TEMPEST rated communications to control compromising emanations
FiberPlex is your source for the latest in digital communication and fiber optics equipment. We are innovators who will do everything in our power to ensure that you find a solution for your specific needs. All of our products have originated from the detailed needs of our clients, so we understand that certain applications need more than the off-the-shelf treatment.
We will take a custom solution approach to augment our equipment. Our engineering staff can work with you to create exactly what you need to solve your connectivity needs by tapping into our expertise in communication standards, fiber conversion, EMI/RFI isolation, and TEMPEST.
To build a custom COTS solution, we’ll take your specific requirements, come up with a design approach that solves your specific problem, then create a custom product that is still treated as commercial-off-the-shelf. There’s no need to go through a laborious time and materials development effort. We simply provide a SKU, lead time, and price, and you procure through standard channels.